COVID-19: Additional measures we are taking
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Tuesday, March 16, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604 858 6560. A staff member will meet you outside and get a brief history and then will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination. The Veterinarian will call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a staff member will return your pet to you outside and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. However, if you’re unsure whether your pet needs medical attention, please call us to discuss your situation.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
5. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the “Online Consultation” link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone’s safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
– Your dedicated team at Valley Veterinary Services